Sunday, July 28, 2013

Uncommitted

I have this really bad habit of starting things and not sticking with them. Example #1- If you know me, you know I am addicted to Pepsi. I've tried over & over again to cut back or completely stop drinking it, but I always give up in a week or less. How pitiful is that? Another example is my lack of consistency with exercise. Before my wedding, I got in an awesome routine of getting up every day at 5:00AM, doing my exercise video (either Hip Hop Abs or a Jillian Michaels DVD) and then I'd walk Molly afterwards. Every. Single. Day. I was in the best shape of my life, I was happy with the way I looked, and for once I felt comfortable in my own skin. Then I got married, went on my honeymoon, came home, and I haven't been consistent with exercise since. Ugh. There are a million other examples of my commitment issues, but I will spare you the details. I will tell you that I have had this problem just about my whole life.

I am a quitter.
Why can't I stick with anything?

SO anyways... I thought maybe if I start blogging some weekly commitments, maybe I'll feel more inclined to stick with them? Not sure how many people, if anyone, reads this.. But hey, I'm putting it out there in writing so maybe I will think about that before I sputter out and give up.

Week One. 
I am thinking I will start small this week. You know, nothing too drastic. I don't want to set myself up for failure. Now y'all don't laugh at me, but I am thinking this week I will try to drink more water. Simple, right? The reason I'm thinking about starting here is because my excess consumption of soda + my decrease in water intake has led to quite the ugly breakout. All over my face. Grrreat. I've been stressed over work (see my last post), and when I get stressed I want Pepsi. I crave it. Like mouth watering, can't focus, need it right now crave... Pitiful. I know. So I've been on a dehydrated sugar high for the past few weeks and it has done nothing good for me. So this week I am committing to drink at least 48oz, or 6 cups, of water per day. Geeze. Now that I typed that, it sounds like the wimpiest committment ever. What a dork. But again, I've gotta start somewhere. Don't hate!

Well, here goes nothing. Let the hydration begin! :)

2 comments:

  1. So, how is the water thing going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, the water thing is not going so well! See-- I am still struggling with this commitment thing! BOO

    ReplyDelete