Friday, April 29, 2011

No Words...

I don't even know how to begin this blog entry. The past two days have been indescribable; no blog entry could ever explain. My heart is breaking for my home state.. At least 149  tornadoes touched down in Alabama, ALL in one day. The death toll seems to rise every minute. 238 people, as of tonight, lost their lives on Wednesday. 238 mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, children... I never imagined such a thing would happen here, and I have to admit that I don't understand why. God does not have to "explain" Himself to me, I know that.. And I trust He is in control even when I don't get it.


Events like this are a huge wake up call. It shows me how fragile and weak I truly am. I walk around like I'm in control... Like I have some sort of "right" or "say so" before an Almighty God who controls the entire universe. Who am I to say "no" to God? Who am I to decide when I will (or will not) obey Him? Who am I to do anything but surrender all that I am to my God and my Savior? I am nothing. I am no one. He is awesome. He is mighty. He is in control of it all. And for some reason, He chose me, He loved me, and He saved me.

"Our God is greater, Our God is stronger.. God you are HIGHER than any other. Our God is Healer, AWESOME in power. Our God. Our God."

No comments:

Post a Comment