Saturday, February 11, 2012

6 months... Can you imagine the scene?

Oh goodness gracious. My wedding day is in 6 months... Are you kidding me?! Where did the time go?

In 6 months I will be getting up and getting ready right now.. Spending time with my mommy at home. She is helping me gather my things and prepare for the day. I'll be getting alone with my Lord, thanking and praising him for this day. Shortly, we will heading to my bridal brunch at Peggy's house. I'll eat and laugh and share the excitement with all the sweet women of my bridal party, my family, and my soon-to-be family. Then I will be getting my hair and makeup done-- all of it becoming a little more real. This day is really here. I will head to the Monte Sano Lodge, where I will walk in and see summer-time flowers, smell delicious food, and see candles and vases and pictures of fun memories I've shared with this man I'm about to unite my life with. I will put on my wedding dress and I will be surrounded by the women that I love so much. We will take pictures and laugh and probably cry together. My best friend will be on the other side of the building, surrounded by the men who mean the most to him. Hopefully he will be as excited as I am and won't be running away! Ha!

We will both be gathering in prayer on two opposite sides of the Lodge, but united in one heart, thanking our Lord for each other and for the blessings He has poured out on our lives. For the protection through our stupid years and for the grace that has completely covered and consumed our relationship.

People will arrive, they will greet each other, sign the guestbook, find their seat. Hopefully it won't be too miserably hot and they'll all be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Soft music will be playing in the background. My daddy will come into the room where I've been staying. I'll hug his neck so tightly, and thank him for being the most wonderful example of a godly father and husband. I can only hope Josh will live up to the man my daddy has been. :)

We will line up. Heart racing. Knees shaking. Palms sweaty. One by one, the grandmothers and mothers and bridesmaids will make their way down the aisle. There will be smiles all around. I'll give Bella and Georgia a huge hug for being the sweetest & most precious flower girls I could ask for. They'll make their way down. I'll give my father a look and a smile, he will hold out his arm for me, and we will begin walking. I see the guests, the white chairs, the flowers. The music is playing, the guests will rise, and then I will see him. The man who has been by my side through so much. The man who encourages me every day to be a better person. Who has built me up and loved me even when I'm completely unlovable. I will probably cry. And in that moment, it will just be him and I. Together. Finally, finally at this moment where we unite and begin our lives together. We become a family. The Lord God who created us for each other and mostly for HIS glory will mold us into one heart, beating for Him.

Oh goodness I'm getting teary-eyed just imagining it all. I absolutely cannot wait.
Thank you Jesus for this amazing blessing!

6 months guys.. 6 months!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment